May 15, 2013
If there’s one thing I believe, its the power of the internet. The internet has given the ability for anybody to have a voice should they choose to use it. That’s the belief that zemation grew from. So to a point I find the backlash that Amy’s Baking Company got for their now referred to “Epic Facebook Meltdown” somewhat absurd and somewhat justified. Aside from the fact that this place made themselves look like lords of doucheville on national television they are still entirely entitled to their opinions.
That being said they admit their business was probably not in the best financial situation. This has been the reason these business request help from Gordan Ramsay. It seems odd that they were completely unable to accept his opinions in a situation where he is there to help. At no point did they accept a single point of criticism. So, you call up a man that is world renowned as a “Master-Chef,” to come help your restaurant that you claim is in dire straits and than deny any thing he recommends to help. You must be pretty fucking intelligent.
Let’s look at the after math. You are familiar with the internet and Yelp and Reddit and Facebook. If only you understood how it worked. The internet, contrary to what you would like to believe is still protected under Freedom of Speech. So those people that are attacking you, you really cannot do much to people expressing their opinion. Just because somebody says something that doesn’t actually credit you, does not mean that it is an attack. If you all want to save your business, it’s time to grow the fuck up. Because you will fail.
Because of this you have earned the first of our second award. The GFY award. You have ruined your image, pissed off thousands of people who are sitting to the side ready to watch you fail. Good luck and as the award is, Go Fuck Yourself.
In following up with information on this we came across an article in the Washington Post who illustrated
How To Lose An Argument on the Internet. The basic steps, for anyone curious:
- TYPE IN ALL CAPS
- Explain that God is on your side.
- Call the other person a rude four-letter, three-letter, five-letter, six-letter, ten-letter, or twelve-letter name.
- Explain that you are right because the other person is an idiot, while misspelling something.
- USE ERRATIC PUNCTUATION OR GRAMMAR WHILE CALLING THE OTHER PERSON STUPID ALSO DO THIS IN ALL CAPS.
- Describe your cats as “little boys in cat bodies” or “little people in cat suits” or “children, but actually cats, but really children” or “non-human children.”
- Refuse to stop arguing.
- When the backlash starts, insist that you were hacked.
Thank you Alexandra Petri.